1. Who are the administrators and how do I contact them?
School Principal – Mr. Gary W. Kuehn
Assistant Principal – Mrs. Rachel Duke
Contact at 423-344-1433
2. What are the school’s graduation requirements?
Earn twenty three (23) credits in order to
meet graduation requirements. At that time,
a regular high school diploma will be issued
from the high school, endorsed by the
Hamilton County Department of Education
and the State of Tennessee Department of
3. What is credit recovery/how will it be implemented?
Credit recovery is an individualized plan for
assisting students in capturing lost credits.
4. How and when are students referred to the school?
Applications are accepted throughout the
school year for any student who
demonstrates a need and desire to
attend Hamilton County High School. They
may be encouraged to apply by
contacting the principal / Admissions Team
5. Does Hamilton County High School have a zoned district?
No zone exists for Hamilton County
High School. This is a school of
choice. Anyone residing in
Hamilton County and meeting
the enrollment criteria may apply.
6. Will transportation be provided by the school system?
No – Students will be responsible
for arranging their own
transportation. The lack of
transportation or transportation
problems, once accepted, are not
excuses for poor attendance.
7. What classes will be offered?
Classes in the core content areas
(Math, Language Arts, Science,
Social Studies, & Spanish). Career
Tech classes and some elective
classes may be offered.
8. Will students with special needs be accepted?
Yes – The principal or Admissions
Team will coordinate credit seeking
enrollment once students have met
9. What is the greatest challenge students face at Hamilton County High School?
Attendance – Students that attend
regularly with two (2) absences or
less per mini-term are very success
ful. Students that do not attend regu-
larly find it tough to get through in
the scheduled timeframe.